Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hi from Korea

Tonight Julia and I saw the Terminator in a movie theatre in Seoul Korea.  Quite a fast paced and exciting movie.  I rather liked it.  These action films really are getting good at keeping you on the edge of your seat, even if the plots are confusing and I can never figure out what is going on. Amazing what can be done because of special effects.

We are staying in the W hotel here.  So ultra modern.  Julia says our suite room is exactly her "dream" room that she would like to live in.  Red and White plastic everywhere.  Even a large plastic soak pool.  50 inch flat screen TV.  Bose surround sound and all the cd/dvd's etc. to match. 

We are here for the Herbalife extravaganza for Asia.  They treat us so well.  Limos to pick us up and take us everywhere we need to go.  Always personal escort up to the front of every meeting.
The large meeting will not begin until Friday/Saturday.  Now we are here just to view some business models which are successful in Korea.  Today the Premium HOM and tomorrow the nutrition clubs.  

The leaders of Korea, Mr. and Mrs. Kim are so nice.  Their daughter has just joined the business (22 years old) after graduating from the U of Ill.  I asked her why and she said:  " I want my patents to make founder's circle".  She will be their 10th diamond.  There are 50 president team members in Korea.  They are ALL under the Kims.  There is only one line here in Korea.  They are making about $160000 per month.

I think it is great that they have managed to find one of their children who will do the business.  Some of their president's team members are their step brothers, cousins, and other family members. 

But I have had not luck getting anyone from my family interested in HL.  My kids prefer the corporate game and normal recognition system.  I think I was not strong enough in encouraging them to look at Herbalife.  Perhaps I bought into the traditional education and job path for them.  But really I know it will be hard for them to find anything like enough freedom or money with what they are doing now.  They say they do not care.  

Who can say what is the most enjoyable path in the long run.  A few years of working hard with not much peer recognition in Herbalife.  But then having $500000 or more per year income for life?  The reward  would seem to be worth it???

But for my kids no.  And most of the y and x  generation in America are seeking other values...for now.  The minorities and foreigner of the y generation are taking to this much easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment